Liebster award Nominations 2015
You can be forgiven for not having heard of the Liebster Awards, I myself hadn’t until last week when I was nominated for one by the lovely Mandy at sneakyveg.com. The Liebster Awards are a way for bloggers to get to know one another and support new bloggers that are just starting out.
When you receive a nomination, if you choose to accept, you must follow these rules.
- Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other new bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer
So here goes!
- I had my boobs reduced when I was 19. See my latest posts about it here and here).
- I am an advanced diver, despite the fact that when I took the course I was terrified of diving and panicked every time I submerged.
- I jumped out of an airplane in Australia and it was amazing!
- I am obsessed with animals.
- I live in Ecuador although I am British.
- I am a qualified teacher of Religious Education.
- I have travelled all around the world but never been to the United States.
- My husband is a toy boy.
- I am a total chocoholic.
- I passed my driving test first time about 10 years ago and have not driven since. Not even once.
- My biggest goal in life at the present time is to be a successful author and get my book published.
- Why did you start your blog?
I am trying to establish a career as a writer and I thought that a blog would be a great way to communicate with people. So far, so good. I have had an overwhelmingly positive response to my blogs and have had people (both friends and strangers) reach out to me to say that they can relate to what I have been writing. What more could I ask for?
2. What’s your first memory?
It’s a bit gory but I remember my brother’s mouse biting the head off my mouse and then dying, which served him right! I know, grim.
3. What’s the best thing about where you live?
I live in Quito, Ecuador and it is absolutely beautiful. Ecuador is one of the most bio-diverse places in the world and it is truly breath taking.
4. What’s your favourite biscuit?
Funnily enough, Leibniz! They are so good, I miss them and can’t wait to have some (with a proper cup of tea) when I come back to England in two weeks.
5. Scrambled, fried or poached?
Scrambled (preferably with smoked salmon), although all are good. I’m an egg person.
6. What item of clothing have you still got from when you were a teenager?
I honestly don’t think I have anything. I have moved around a lot so have had to be quite ruthless with my things.
7. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
Mind reading without a doubt. Who doesn’t want to know what is going on in people’s minds? Having said that it would probably be terrifying and I would immediately regret it.
8. What song do you always sing in karaoke?
Torn by Natalie Imbruglia – I’m a terrible singer and not much of a karaokeer (is that even a word?) but that is what I used to sing on SingStar with my husband and one of his best friends.
9. What’s the first song you remember buying/downloading?
My first record was an LP by Mel and Kim, called respectable. They were big in the 80s but sadly Mel died of cancer in 1990, she was just 23 years old.
I can’t choose. It is between a girly trip to Morocco many years ago and the first ever holiday I took with my husband, to Tobago. They were totally different, but incredible in their own right. I have many, many happy memories.
11. Where do you see your blogging journey taking you in a year’s time?
I hope that in a year’s time I will have published my book and will be talking about my second on my blog!
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
- Where in the world would you most want to travel if money was no object?
- Who is your idol, living or dead, and why?
- If you could choose one talent what would it be?
- What is the last book you read and what did you think?
- What is your favourite meal? (Dessert included obviously!)
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- Where is your happy place?
- Where do you hope to see your blog in a year?
Here are my nominations (It is supposed to be 11 but I failed. 8 really good ones will have to do!):
- Cattitude and Co
- Amani Lyrical
- Indecisive Emma
- Life at 139a
- Jodie Paterson
- Leonie Wilson
- Lo Tales
- Dat Blog Doe